What’s In My Patch?
- Sweet Million grown from seed, doing well but still in the propagator; going into pots this week and then into gro-bags in a few weeks.
- Gartenperle grown from a free pack of seeds with a magazine; as above.
- Tomazing [A]free-ish plant from a mag; in pot on windowsill awaiting gro-bag.
- French Beans: dwarf grown from seed, in pots on the windowsill now, going into containers outside in a couple of weeks.
- Sweetcorn: minipop just planted these in the propogator yesterday.
- Courgette: Black Forest as [A] above.
- Carrots: Ideal these are baby carrots, the seeds are ready to be planted outside and say they can go in grobags but I can’t work out quite how to sow them? Hmmm.
- Aubergine: Moneymaker as [A] above.
- Basil: Sweet Green seedlings had the lid removed from the propagator too early; am wondering if they will recover; need to get some more herb seeds to sow.
- Chilli: Anaheim I thought these seeds weren’t going to germinate but one has just appeared. Hurray!
- Maiden Poll these are little green squashes but don’t seem to be germinating which is a bummer as I love squashes.
- Ghostrider these are proper Halloween type pumpkins I think; as [A]!
- Calabrese: Sakura aka broccoli. germinated fabulously, had loads of seedlings and have planted a few into pots ready to go into bigger pots outside this month. and some seedlings got shoved straight into a pot outside to see if they could fend for themselves as i had loads.
- Pepper: Summer Salad another one as [A].
- Radish: Jolly; seeds planted in a pot outside last week; more seeds to plany every couple of weeks.
- Red Beard these are red spring onions and the seeds were planted in a pot outside last week. more to plant every couple of weeks.
- Turbo these were some left over onion sets that Brian gave me; I put a few in pots outside yesterday.
- Leaves: all had seeds planted in a pot outside last week, and I have more seeds to sow every couple of weeks.
- Spinach Tetona
- Lettuce Mix
- Italian Leaf Mix
That’s more than I thought I had when I started writing it up!
Everything is in pots or gro-bags this year; if things grow well in the spot I’ve bagged then I’ll see about building some proper raised beds next year!
The ones noted with [A] are were five plants I bought from a “free” plant offer with a magazine; I think they were Â£3.50 for postage and packing and it seemed like a reasonable deal to get some variety without having to buy six packs of plants I don’t have the space for or raising more seedlings.
I also want to get some strawberry plants for my pots; and ought to get various other herbs going too.